Thursday 27 March 2014

P4 M4 D4

Connecting and configuring platforms: 

PS3:

I firstly plugged the power cable into the back port of the PS3 then into the plug socket which was located on the wall.

I then plugged the HDMI cable into the back of the PS3 and then the other end of the cable into the TV/monitor HDMI port.

Once all those steps have been done I turned on the PS3 by the touch sensitive button on the right of the console and turn't the TV/monitor on as well.

I could tell that I had performed all of the steps correctly because the PS3's main menu was being displayed on the TV/monitor.
Video set up on PS3 Xbox 360: 

For setting up the Xbox 360 I used a guide which I wrote myself.

I first plugged the power cable into the back of the Xbox and the other end into the power socket.


Secondly I plugged the HDMI cable into the back of the Xbox and into the back of the TV/monitor.



I then turn't of both the Xbox and TV/monitor to check if my guide was correct, which in this picture you can see it was.

I also got a student in my class to use my guide to see if it was easy to understand and if they could use it to set up the Xbox 360 as well, here is evidence of them doing so.

Xbox One:
I firstly plugged the power cable into the back of the Xbox, this socket was located in the bottom right hand corner, I then plugged the cable into a plug socket.






Secondly I plugged the HDMI cable into the back of the Xbox, the socket is found right next too the power cable. I then plugged the other end of the HDMI cable into the TV/monitor.







I turn't both the Xbox One on and the TV/monitor and it started displaying the Xbox logo from which I knew I had finished the set up successfully.







Configuring an Xbox One changing resolution:

Firstly I went to the main menu and clicked settings, this then took me to the settings menu.

I then clicked display & sound which took me to another menu with more options.










 I then clicked resolution and changed it from 1080p to 720p.









LAN: 
For this example of LAN I set up two PS3's.
The way I set up LAN was I first connected both PS3's to the college network. Doing this allowed both consoles to recognise each other and detect they were both connected to the same network.

I then inserted Rainbow Six Vegas 2 into both consoles and on one I launched a LAN game and on the other I searched for that game which you can see from this picture.

Once I found that game I clicked join and i was then playing LAN with the other PS3.




WAN:
The way I set up WAN is very similar to how I set up LAN.
I firstly connected a PS3 to the college network, this allowed me to connect to the PlayStation Network.

Once I connected to the PlayStation Network I launched Rainbow six Vegas 2 and searched for a game.
Once I searched I found 2 games available.

Installing a PC game: 
For the example of installing a PC game I installed Spore creature creator demo.

Firstly I plugged in the USB which had the exe file already on, I followed on by clicking the exe which opened up User Account Control which I then clicked yes.

















Once I clicked yes it then opened the installer program, I clicked next which then opened up the licensing and conditions which scrolled down and read, after that I clicked accept and then next.








It now displayed option on how I want to install, I chose "Recommended" because it was the easiest and quickest.








Once I chose "Recommend" It then began to install. Once the demo has installed I then clicked finished and opened up the file from a short cut.









Time management:
While I connected all of these consoles and devices it was very important to time manage myself.
The first task in which I had to time manage was making a step by step guide on how to plug in a console. While making this guide I had to make it clear to the user so that they could plug in the console relatively fast.
The second task  was plugging in all of the consoles such as Xbox 360, PS3 and Xbox One. While I was plugging in all of the consoles I was limited to a few lessons to plug in all of the consoles as well as testing LAN and WAN so I made a plan to what I needed to finish by certain times and dates.






No comments:

Post a Comment